Thursday, July 5, 2012

Berry Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette

I don't usually crave salad, but when my cousin Lucille posted her strawberry salad on facebook, I couldn't resist recreating her refreshing and summery lunch. I tweaked her original recipe based on what I had in my pantry, and experimented with making my own vinaigrette. This Berry Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette was perfect to enjoy while watching Wimbledon. Wimbledon and strawberries. They go hand-in-hand. Thanks Lucille for inspiring this post!


Berry Salad
Ingredients:
3-4 cups mixed greens
1/2 cup strawberries, quartered
1/4 cup blackberries
1-2 tablespoons toasted pecans
1-2 tablespoons dried cranberries
1-2 tablespoons feta cheese

Directions:
I really hope you don't need directions. Start with the mixed greens, and sprinkle everything on top. Drizzle with vinaigrette.

Champagne Vinaigrette
Ingredients:
1/4 cup champagne vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
Whisk together the garlic, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.

1 comment: