Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Bites

Is October too early to be baking mini-pumpkin pies? I found these on bakerella, and I couldn't resist. These baby pumpkin bites make me so excited for Thanksgiving. 78 degree days at the end of October is glorious, but I am looking forward to bundling up in Michigan, cooking delicious comfort food, and spending time with family.  I guess I'll patiently pop pumpkin pie bites while I wait. 

Ingredients:
2 refrigerated ready-to roll pie crusts
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Optional
Candied Pecan Halves

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Use a circle cookie cutter to cut 24 circles from the pie crust. You will need to roll the dough thinner than it comes out of the box.
Press dough shapes into a 24 cup mini muffin tray.
Apply egg whites from one egg to the top edges of each pie.
Mix cream cheese, sugar, canned pumpkin, remaining 2 eggs, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice together until thoroughly combined.
Spoon mixture into each pie crust and top with a candied pecan.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Makes 24 pies. Keep refrigerated.

3 comments: