I'm not a big salad person. I prefer heartier ways of consuming my leafy greens, but every once in a while I crave a refreshing salad. This combination of dried fruit, toasted walnuts, creamy blue cheese with the soft roasted pear is delicious. It has such an elegant feel, yet it doesn't require many ingredients and is so easy to prepare. Liven up salad nights with this easy concept.
3 lemons, juiced
3 oz blue cheese
1/4 c dried cranberries
1/4 c toasted walnuts then chopped
Olive oil for drizzling
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 375.
2. Cut pears in half lengthwise, core center at seeds.
3. Rub pears with a cut lemon to prevent browning.
4. Mix together cheese, cranberries and walnuts
5. Fill pear core with mixture.
6. Place in a baking dish.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Top the greens with your favorite dressing and a roasted pear half.